Monday, September 30, 2013

Be Careful Who You Settle Down With




This week I was wondering what I would write about....life works in mysterious ways I guess.

My co-worker just came back from a week-long vacation in California.    I asked him how his vacation was.
He said it was shitty.   I was thinking how can a vacation in Cali be shitty?    Maybe it rained all week?

He said his wife had him thrown in jail.   I looked at him with a grin on my face, thinking he was playing but he just looked back at me with a deadpan stare.   Even then I still thought he was joking until he told me what happened.  

Basically they were both drinking in the hotel room and started arguing.   The argument got so loud that someone in another room called the cops.    He didn't touch her in anyway, but she had him arrested for "non-aggressive domestic disturbance".    No, I'm not making it up either.    Apparently California has some very "aggressive" domestic abuse laws.     So even though they were both intoxicated, both yelling at each other, he got taken to jail.

Oh but it gets better.   While he was in jail, she left California and left him stranded down there by himself.   He said he is filing for divorce this week and their house is going on the market.   Luckily for him they've only been married for about 2 years, and this is a no-fault state so no alimony will be paid.   It's also a good thing they don't have any kids, so it's a clean break except for the house.

I'd heard from a few other co-workers that she had a bit of a temper, but damn.   See fellas this is why one of the main tenets of the Commandments of Poon is to ignore her beauty.   She's a very good-looking Latina woman, but I've heard through the grapevine on more than a few occasions that they've had some pretty bad arguments, and this was before they even got married.   One question you need to ask yourself regarding women is:   If she wasn't so attractive, would I still put up with her?

Another Commandment of Poon that was broken in this case was Rule 15:  Maintain Your State Control.
Particularly the part that states "She will not drag you into her chaos or uproot you."   I understand it's hard to think about this in the heat of the moment, but you need to try and keep calm and collected.    Don't make a habit of getting into a shouting match with your woman, because it usually doesn't end well.   That same woman who was spitting fire and raining down curse words at you will turn into a helpless, crying victim when the cops are called.  

Ever watch the soap opera "Young and the Restless" with Victor Newman?   I know, I know...we're men...we don't watch soap operas but just hear me out.   The main reason Victor is such a bad ass is because he always seems to be in control of himself.    He doesn't make any impulsive decisions and when others are pissed at him and start yelling, he just sits back with his arms folded and calmly tells them how it's going to be, whether they like it or not.    Save your shouting matches for when she REALLY fucks up, but otherwise "maintain your state control".

Moral of the story here boys, is be careful who you marry or enter into a long-term relationship with it.    If she starts showing her true colors and turns psycho, possessive, or any other intolerable traits, IGNORE HER BEAUTY and decide if it's something you want to put up with for the rest of your life.

Choose wisely.
      
          

No comments:

Post a Comment