Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Don't Shoot the Messenger



Apparently I should have been wearing a bulletproof vest this weekend.

So like some of you know from previous blogs, we used to be swingers.   There was a couple that lives not even 10 mins from us that we used to have sex with regularly.   We'll just call the guy John, and the female Jane.  We thought we could be very good friends with this couple, and John was actually the one who eventually told me my wife had cheated on me.    He also was a good enough friend to go through his Jane's phone and let me know that my suspicions about my wife and a certain guy were correct.  He also let me know that there was one day my wife called in sick for work and she was supposed to drive up and see this particular guy, but it didn't work out.  What he didn't know at the time though, was that Jane
was going to ride along with my wife to go see this guy as well, so they would've ended up giving the guy a threesome.

I found all of this out when I took John out for drinks one happy hour.   During that happy hour, John also discussed how years ago Jane had an affair that lasted a few months, and for that reason he really doesn't trust her 100%.   I felt like I owe John a tremendous amount of gratitude for not only letting me know what was going on, but he basically saved my marriage.  So now the background of the story has been laid.....

Because of Jane's affair on John, most of their swinging consists of them playing with other women and couples.    Lately they've been getting more lax on the rules, and she can now play with single guys when they are at a house or hotel party.   Jane wants to have more freedom though so, so she has been bending rules a little bit to try and accomplish that.   Like at a cookout we had, she and John took a female upstairs to one of our bedrooms, and then Jane left the room to let John play solo.    Also they went to a sex club and one of John's co-workers happened to be there.   Jane let John have sex with his co-worker, and also told the co-worker that she and John can hookup whenever they wanted, she just has to know about it.    My wife told Jane this was a bad idea since most people spend more time around their co-workers than they do at home, and it could potentially lead to an affair.    Jane said she was doing all this to get "more freedom" to do what she wants.   She also told my wife not to tell me.

The thing about Jane and John is that once we stopped swinging, our "friendship" with them was pretty much over.   We do have get-togethers every now and then, but they are semi-vanilla.   What we mean by that is we make sure that people we have at our house are very open-minded, because someone may flash their tits after drinking, including my wife.    Also if people want to go to one of our bedrooms and fool around, they can do so, we just won't be participating.   We've had John and Jane over twice since we stopped swinging.  The first time we had them over, Jane spent most of the night trying to convince my wife to get sexual.  Then after Jane got drunk and passed out, John then proceeded to try and convince my wife that we should still swing.  Of course they didn't have any luck.  John and Jane were always telling us they would invite us over the next time they had a cookout, but of course they never did.   We only found out they had a big bbq by looking at the Facebook pictures.    We've paid for dinner for them before, and my wife has even treated Jane to an out of town concert and a hotel room.    None of that nice treatment has ever been returned, plus when we stopped swinging we noticed that we stopped hearing from them as much, so we kinda figured out that they only want to come around us if sex is involved, so they weren't really our friends to begin with.

So like I said, I felt like I owed John a lot for helping to save my marriage.    For about two weeks I wondered if I should tell him what Jane was really up to as far as her motives.   What John also doesn't know is that Jane's affair actually went on for two years, not just a few months like he was told.    The reason I never said anything to him about that is because they've already worked past their issues on that, so I felt like there was no reason to dig up an old wound.

So this weekend I finally told John to not fall for the trap of Jane saying that it's okay for him to hook up with females when he wants, because she is only doing it to gain more freedom.  Really I was only telling him to give him a heads up on what was going on and to keep his eyes open.    After I told him, I didn't hear back from him for a couple of hours, so I already knew what was gonna happen.

As expected, a few hours later I get a text from Jane telling me to stop spreading lies and accusations, and she is tired of me putting doubts in John's head about everything.   (Yeah Jane, I think the affair you had is what's creating most of his doubts, but let's not take any accountability here....)   She also said our "friendship" was over because we are full of drama, and we need to lose their numbers.   Now I'd already deleted her number 2 weeks ago since I figured we weren't friends anyway.  Now just the fact that she got SO upset is a dead giveaway that she's up to no good.   Honestly, the only reason she was so mad is because I messed up her plans.    

I sent John a text and said that I will delete their numbers, but I was just trying to look out for him like he did for me.    Basically he said my wife isn't a trustworthy source of information, and that I shouldn't be making accusations that will lead to problems in their relationship.   He also said he trusts Jane, which is laughable because just a few months ago he said he didn't fully trust her.    What's funny is that if you took a poll of our swinger friends and asked who would be the first woman to have an affair, everyone would point to Jane.  If I had to guess, Jane was probably standing right beside him as he sent me the text, and she probably threatened to cut off the swinging.   I know the routine, my wife would threaten the same thing when I started being suspicious of things.  

The mistake John made is that he confronted Jane right away which was a big no no.  What he SHOULD have done is taken the information I gave him, and then started paying close attention to what was going on.  He also could have asked a few other people, as its not like she has only told my wife this information.   Like I said, I struggled with telling him in the first place.    Each person has to learn things on their own journey I guess is the lesson.   I'd almost be willing to bet a week's salary though that shit will blow up in their faces a few months from now, and at least I can feel good that I actually tried to warn him.  That's the difference between real and fake friends though.   A real friend will tell you what you NEED to hear, regardless if you like it or not.    
 

No comments:

Post a Comment