Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Insanity Again



About two years ago I completed all 60 days of the Insanity workout.   I ended up losing about 22 lbs and got in great shape.  I was going to do another round of Insanity, but I got lazy and stopped.  Of course I ended up putting back on all the weight, and even added another few pounds on top of it.

A few months ago I went to my routine doctors visit, and my doctor told me I was pre-diabetic.   I'm not going to lie, I got scared as hell.  One of my older brothers also passed away the day before Thanksgiving due to heart and kidney failure.  I remember on Thanksgiving not even wanting to eat anything because I didn't want to be the next family member to die.   Also throw in the fact that one of my older brothers died 13 years ago because he was diabetic and didn't know it.   Also back in December, my father who has been diabetic for a few years told me he may have to start dialysis for his kidneys.   With all of this going on, I was one scared motherfucker.

It's a shame that it took me being pre-diabetic to finally give me the motivation to get off my ass.   My A1C ( test for diabetes) was 6.4, and 6.5 is officially diabetic.  That's how close I was.   I started eating better, and getting in a little bit of exercise each day.   2 months later I went back to the doctor and my A1C had dropped to 6.1 and I was 10 lbs lighter.

So now I'm determined to get in the best shape of my life.   No way in hell am I going to be diabetic before the age of 40.  Not to mention in less than 90 days the wife and I are going on a vacation to a clothing optional resort in Mexico.  So this week I've started another round of Insanity.  I'll keep you updated with my weight loss and fitness levels to keep my accountable.

Weight:  253

Fit Test results

Switch Kicks:      43                Power Jacks:      40
Power Knees:      70               Power Jumps:      16
Globe Jumps:       7                 Suicide Jumps:      7
Pushup Jacks:      21               Low Plank:           17


No comments:

Post a Comment